Evening Series Matches 1 & 2 - 20.6.15 and 4.7.15
Weed Problems and Fish Welfare in Matches.
The Match Secretary has agreed with Committee to fish the Station Road swims (13 to 19) only for the first 2 Evening Matches.
more than 7 members fish on these dates, then swims 6-9 on the
Winchester Road will be used. as these swims are relatively weed
- swims 10-12 are too shallow
The permitted fishing styles for these 2 matches from any drawn swim will be WAGGLER or POLE ONLY.
1. Weed spread below the surface restricts leger/feeder fishing from most swims.
- The weed in front of Station Road swims is less dense and extensive but large sub surface patches do exist from mid distance on and
off swim 19 to trees
- there is dense and extensive weed off the Winchester Road bank to the trees and middle of the Pond..in particular from swims 1-5
- there is great concern that feeder fishing will result in fish welfare being compromised:
eg. hauling fish through weed with heavier lines causing damage to stock plus making good bait presentation very difficult
2. Limiting fishing styles to waggler or pole fishing only achieves a more even platform for competition between anglers.
3. These Match changes may remain for the rest of the Evening Series. Members will be notified.
Match Secretary - Paul Collins